STORM WATER PIPES:
When cleaning Storm water pipes by means of high pressure water jetting the following procedures are followed:
- Identify the problem by physically checking the volume of debris in the line with a high powered torch in order to choose the right nozzle.
- For example if the line is 25% filled with sand (450mm pipe) you would use a six back jets 35 degree nozzle and start from the lower end manhole.
- Send the nozzle upstream for 6 to 8 meters and pull back one meter at a time while rotating the Nozzle.
- The second time, send the nozzle 10 to 15 meters and pull back to the manhole. Repeat this action until you reach the next manhole.
- Block the manhole from which you are working from to prevent contamination of the next section.
- The jetting has to stop with intervals to empty sand manually.
- Always jet from lowest manhole and pull sand and debris back with the natural flow of the pipe.
- Depending on the volume of sand and debris about 60 to 120 meters can be achieved per day In pipes with less volume 120 to 200 meters can be achieved.
- Proper training in operating this machinery together with health and safety is necessary to ensure good results and safe working conditions.
- Work procedures are very much the same but sewer lines are active and normally have a steady water flow. The pipes on average have smaller diameters.
- Sewer lines often block and different nozzles are used. For example a nozzle with front and back jets will be used to penetrate the blockage.
- In general the procedures are the same working from lower manhole to the higher manhole and moving debris backwards to the manhole you are working from.
- With sewer lines the work is easier and up to 300 meters per day can be achieved.
HIGH PRESSURE PUMP & SPECIFICATIONS:
- Hardened plungers (standard)
- Mild steel /Stainless steel head (optional)
- Manually operated un‐loader valve (standard)
- Flow rate – 136 litres per minute at 1800 rpm
- Working pressure 0 – 300 bar (standard)
- 59kw input (standard)
- 6 cylinder Air Cooled Diesel 70kw (standard)
- Manually operated throttle (standard)
- Safety shut off feature (standard)
HEAVY DUTY TRAILER:
- Welded channel iron (standard)
- 2500kg capacity
- Single rubber ride axle (standard)
- Hot dipped galvanized chassis and mud guards (standard)
- SABS approved towing coupler (standard)
- Hand brake and over-rider brake (standard)
- Heavy duty jockey wheel (standard)
- LED lights (standard)
- Stabilizer jacks(standard)