Water jetting for a more effective drain cleaning solution.
When it comes to drain cleaning and unblocking, there is really no better technique than that of ultra-high-pressure water jetting. Drains and sewers can become clogged up by debris and sediment that builds up over time, if left untreated such clogs can result in full blockage. Which is why drains should be cleaned regularly.
Why should I choose water jetting over the traditional methods?
Water jetting is unmatched in effectiveness, traditional snaking may remove the blockage however it does not remove all the of the debris and sediments that caused the blockage in the first place. Only ultra-high-pressure water jets remove ALL the debris and sediment preventing further blockages.
Saves time and money
Water jetting is less expensive over time, because of its efficiency you will spend less time drain cleaning than traditional methods.
Water jetting uses only high-pressure water and so does not require any harsh chemicals or abrasive grit that could pollute the environment.
Safe and sanitary
Most UHP drain cleaning tools are self-propelled by backwards facing water jets, eliminating the need for a worker to manually feed the flexi lance through the drain itself.
water jetting systems can be used for a wide variety of applications, not just drain cleaning. UHP water jets can be used to clean industrial heat exchangers and sewer pipes. A UHP water jetting system can also be used for surface preparation and cold cutting by simply adapting the correct tools. A single UHP system such as the KP100 TJ3 can be used for drain cleaning one day, and the next be out fitted for road marking removal and hydro demolition the day after.
Water jetting systems are a far more efficient alternative to snaking and offers the versatility of performing multiple tasks. Making a trailer mounted UHP water jetting systems such as the KP100 TJ3 a value for money solution to drain cleaning.
STORM WATER PIPES:
When cleaning Storm water pipes by means of high pressure water jetting the following procedures are followed:
- Identify the problem by physically checking the volume of debris in the line with a high powered torch in order to choose the right nozzle.
- For example if the line is 25% filled with sand (450mm pipe) you would use a six back jets 35 degree nozzle and start from the lower end manhole.
- Send the nozzle upstream for 6 to 8 meters and pull back one meter at a time while rotating the Nozzle.
- The second time, send the nozzle 10 to 15 meters and pull back to the manhole. Repeat this action until you reach the next manhole.
- Block the manhole from which you are working from to prevent contamination of the next section.
- The jetting has to stop with intervals to empty sand manually.
- Always jet from lowest manhole and pull sand and debris back with the natural flow of the pipe.
- Depending on the volume of sand and debris about 60 to 120 meters can be achieved per day In pipes with less volume 120 to 200 meters can be achieved.
- Proper training in operating this machinery together with health and safety is necessary to ensure good results and safe working conditions.
- Work procedures are very much the same but sewer lines are active and normally have a steady water flow. The pipes on average have smaller diameters.
- Sewer lines often block and different nozzles are used. For example a nozzle with front and back jets will be used to penetrate the blockage.
- In general the procedures are the same working from lower manhole to the higher manhole and moving debris backwards to the manhole you are working from.
- With sewer lines the work is easier and up to 300 meters per day can be achieved.
HIGH PRESSURE PUMP & SPECIFICATIONS:
- Hardened plungers (standard)
- Mild steel /Stainless steel head (optional)
- Manually operated un‐loader valve (standard)
- Flow rate – 136 litres per minute at 1800 rpm
- Working pressure 0 – 300 bar (standard)
- 59kw input (standard)
- 6 cylinder Air Cooled Diesel 70kw (standard)
- Manually operated throttle (standard)
- Safety shut off feature (standard)
HEAVY DUTY TRAILER:
- Welded channel iron (standard)
- 2500kg capacity
- Single rubber ride axle (standard)
- Hot dipped galvanized chassis and mud guards (standard)
- SABS approved towing coupler (standard)
- Hand brake and over-rider brake (standard)
- Heavy duty jockey wheel (standard)
- LED lights (standard)
- Stabilizer jacks(standard)